Monday, January 12, 2009

Potty Woes

So I've decided that whoever said girls were easier to potty train than boys never, ever had a girl like Amelia.  I laughed several months ago when a friend said she finally gave her son prunes and made him stay in the bathroom.  Well, friend, we have reached that point.  I have tried everything under the sun.  Today we instituted the help of our friend, the prune, in combination with a chart and "potty presents"...basically junk I picked up at Big Lots.  She can pick one thing every time she uses the potty.  So far, no accidents, but no poop either.  Ho hum.  Will it really take us a full year to potty train???  I'm hoping she won't be in the Guiness Book of World Records for being "the oldest child without medical or mental issues to wear pull-ups to school."  At least she has made any "penguins" out of poop lately.

1 comment:

  1. Well Amber, I hate to say it, but Amelia hasn't exactly fit the mold all the way along. :) That's what's so great about her... she's unique. For example, when she's wearing a diaper in Jr. High it will be totally and completely unique!

    JUST KIDDING. Shove some more prunes in that girl's mouth and she'll be as boring as any other kid in no time. I'll hate to see her go, though, I won't lie. ;)

    ReplyDelete