Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Biggest Gainer Weigh In


At James's 9-month well baby visit, the doctor told us he was too small, not getting enough calories, not growing enough, etc. etc.  He had only gained one pound in 3 months and only grew half an inch.  Now, I tend to be a bit paranoid when it comes to my children's health.  So, we followed Doc's orders to feed the kid whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.  She even suggested putting butter on whatever he would eat.  And what does he want?  Chicken nuggets. What else does he want?  Chicken nuggets.  I always told myself I would NOT be one of those parents who always fixed the same thing meal after meal because it was all the kid would eat.  My theory has always been...this is what we're having.  Eat it.  Hey, it worked for Amelia.  She eats anything!  Not so much for James.  I fix him a wide array of food.  He wants chicken nuggets. Well, apparently the chicken nugget diet is working.  He gained one pound, seven ounces in the past six weeks.  Doc is very pleased and says this puts him right back on track.  So, I guess for now, my kid will survive on chicken nuggets.  And the occasional ice cream.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You could always try microwaved Salisbury Steak... I just found out that's why Judah gains several pounds every other weekend. ;)

    Glad James is successfully gaining! He'll NEED to beef up so he can take his sister in wrestling matches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that just sounds WRONG. :) Maybe I should try chicken nuggets with Lily! She's 19 months, and her 12-mo-size pants are falling off of her again...

    ReplyDelete