6 years ago
Friday, January 29, 2010
And One and Two and One and Two and...
So, we got this hair-brained idea to do a sprint triathlon this year. Yes, we are insane. I have not run since my freshman year of college. I have not been on a bike for probably 7-8 years. I do not swim well. So we have our work cut out for us. We joined the gym in November. I finally went for the first time two weeks ago. And let me tell you, I have really been enjoying it! In fact, I didn't go today and I miss it! It is such a nice little refresher for Mommy. We generally go right after dropping Amelia off at school. I have been mainly working on the treadmill and bike for now, but will be changing my 'norm' a little bit to follow the training schedule more closely. I figure the people who designed the schedule know what they're doing far, far better than I do! This is just a sprint tri, so it will be a quarter mile swim, a nine-mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. The swimming is what concerns me the most. And after my first time in the pool the other night, that concern was very justified. I was waiting for PETA to show up to rescue the beached whale. Oh, was that painful. And I didn't even do that much! I thought Jesus was callin' me home after the first couple of laps. Hopefully by June, I'll be able to swim more than flounder! And maybe I should buy a bike... :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have my first one planned for March. I have been working up to it for a year. There has been a lot of pain involved but it realeases the tension of the day.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up. Jesus can call me home any day... but I'd rather it not be in a pool.
ReplyDeleteAnd, by the way, GOOD FOR YOU!!!