6 years ago
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Sleep? Please?
Mommy is tired. Naomi has been such a good sleeper up until now. For the past 7-10 days, she has been up 2-3 times a night. I'm guessing it's another growth spurt as she acts like she's starving every time! But to compound the issue, James has been waking up around 6. And then Amelia runs into our room yelling "JAMES IS AWAAAAKE!" Thank you, honey. This morning it was 5:45. I guess the positive side to this is that we are rarely rushed for school in the morning! But I am so tired! We've tried letting them just stay up a little later, but they still wake up at the same time and are just cranky because they didn't get enough sleep. I'm thinking of instituting a "can't come out until we say it's ok!" policy! James is still in a crib and (so far) can't get out by himself. He does however, stand there and yell "MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMY!" repeatedly. Hmmm. Dilemmas dilemmas. Anyone have any experience or advice? Help? Please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the "can't come out until we say" policy is an excellent idea! It teaches them self discipline and patience, as well as giving you time to get a shower! :) We're going to have the same rule when I convert Judah's bed, so let me know how it goes...
ReplyDeleteOkay, this is not at all profound, but it's been working at our house (and will probably be more for James, as Amelia is past the 'sucker stage'). I make a BIG deal about Judah being allowed to choose a toy to have in bed with him. He's never been allowed before, so he thinks he's pretty hot stuff now. The actual choosing process distracts him from the fact that he's sitting in his bed! There are rarely tears anymore, whether it's actually time to sleep or if I'm just putting him there for a few moments of containment. He still gets his sense of 'power', but in a pleasant way. He'll sit there quietly for quite awhile now, relishing the fact that he's in bed AND there's a toy there... forbidden fruit. ;)
ReplyDelete