Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I know I'm a slacker...

I know, I know. No posts since January. We really just don't have much interesting going on! Besides the normal madcap antics of a 4, 2, and 6 month old anyway...Just a few quick updates on each gremlin, uh, precious gift.

AMELIA: Is really growing up and maturing. She still has her moments, of course, but I'm very proud of her. She loves to help me and almost drives me crazy in the morning making sure that I have the other two kids dressed before we leave the house. She likes to help too much sometimes! She is still full of a bazillion questions a day. Right now she is in a phase where she wants us to spell everything for her or want to know what a word is. I have a feeling that if I took the time to work with her one-on-one, she'd be reading. She has a hilarious imagination and uses it freely. She loves to play "I'm the mom and you're the itty bitty [baby]."



JAMES: Gives me a heart attack at least once a day. His favorite phrase right now is "MOM. WATCH THIS!" Usually followed by a leap off the back of the couch or table or toilet or or or... :) He is in a whiny stage that I remember all too well from Amelia. I see lots of time spent in the whiny chair in our future. He is eating better, though not well. He will at least eat most meat and a few fruits. Still only one or two veggies he will touch. I think there's about a 6 pound difference between he and Naomi. He loves to sing and talks way more than Amelia did at this age. He is ALL BOY all the time! Loves the dog, the dirt, water, running, kicking, hitting, etc. He is going to keep me on my toes! We have a new deck and he will spend hours playing out there. He is still my best sleeper, often sleeping 10-12 hours a night.


NAOMI: Is growing too fast! She just turned 6 months and is already trying to crawl. She's got the rocking back and forth down and can lurch forward a little bit. I'm not ready for her to be mobile! She sits very well and is usually very happy. Well, she's either very, very happy or very, very mad. There's not much in between! She is very playful. She loves the tub. She has ridiculously beautiful eyes that elicit comments every time we're out in public. The girl likes to eat. Loves her mama food and her baby food! (Side note: James just walked downstairs with one of Amelia's baby dolls and wearing one of her bracelets...hilarious.) She is not a fan of naps or sleeping through the night, though we do get that occasionally. She is very loud, whether happy or not. James and Amelia both love to play with her and fight over whose turn it is to hold her. Amelia can make her belly laugh better than any of us.

So, there you have it. :)

1 comment:

  1. The kids are just beautiful! So glad to hear life is good, hectic and normal. Just wanted to say hi and see what you were up to! Miss you guys, Charli

    ReplyDelete