Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Diabetes

I have been diagnosed as having gestational diabetes. By ONE number. The cutoff for acceptable was 170, mine was 171. So because of that ONE number, I now get to go to the doctor twice a week for the remainder of the pregnancy and prick myself 4 times a day while eating very little of anything I actually like. Not a good time to be a sugar addict or a picky eater! I was very overwhelmed yesterday and had a bit of a meltdown at dinner when I didn't know what in the world to fix my family for dinner that I could eat, too, but today has been better. I think it will just take some time to get used to the diet. And I will miss our all-too-frequent-anyway trips to DQ. :( BUT, it is only for 8-10 weeks and for the sake of Naomi, so we will make it! I have to say that I sure am glad I haven't had to do this before and hope to not have to ever have to again! The pricking is no fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment