It has been a crazy week...mostly good, some harrowing. We started off Monday morning in the emergency room with Amelia. I KNEW she was being too quiet for anyone's good. She is allowed to play upstairs in her room by herself, but I can generally hear her. So, after investigating, I found her in our closet popping Sudafed like candy. I, being the calm rational mother that I am, asked how many she ate. She said she ate four and gave Princess three. Fantastic. I really had no idea how many she ate. (Please note sarcasm. I was not calm.) It was not a new box and I don't know how many were already gone, but there were 12 missing. I knew she at least a few because her mouth was red from the coating off the pills. To her credit (and Sudafed's discredit), Sudafed is very sweet. I called Poison Control and they said if I thought it was even possible that she ate more than 2 1/2, we needed to take her to the ER. Of course, James was already napping, Amelia and I were still in pj's, Robert was at work... . So we made it to the ER and they monitored her for a couple of hours, and praise the Lord, she was just fine. I don't know that I have ever been that terrified. Amelia did great with the whole experience. Thankfully, they didn't have to stick her or pump her stomach or anything! Poison Control was on line with the hospital the whole time and they said 10 would have been toxic, so even if she did eat her four and the three she claims to have given the dog, she would have been okay. Of course, I'm thinking, Great...my baby's going to be fine and we're going to go home to a foaming, twitching puppy! Then we would have had a whole new tragedy to deal with! But alas, Amelia's baby was just fine, too! Amelia did take a grand nap on Monday, but that was about the extent of her side effects.
Meanwhile, my sister and brother were on their way down for a short visit. My house was a disaster and had planned on using Monday morning to at least pick up, but obviously those plans went out the window! That's okay. My babies are far, far more important than a clean house! And my brother and sister aren't any neater in nature than I am. :)
Monday we just relaxed as they had left at 3 AM to get here. Tuesday we went to the Georgia Aquarium. It is a great place, but it is always so very crowded. Tuesday was no exception. I thought with it being the last week of school that there wouldn't be too many school groups. It was better than normal, but still busy. We had a good time anyway. Came home and went to Bugaboo Creek Canyon for dinner...one of my favorite places to eat. We went out for breakfast Wednesday morning and Ben and Kelsey moved the desk downstairs to the new office for us. We'll be moving James into the current office room and making his room the baby's.
Rest of the week was rather unexciting, just busy with day-to-day stuff. Got lots going on this weekend, but it's all fun!
Good grief. I am so NOT looking forward to finding maylisa in a corner with ANYthing remotely medicinal. Glad you had a good visit after that though.
ReplyDelete