Monday, July 19, 2010

Sum sum Summertime

We've been busy with lots of little stuff here and there. Warning: Lots of randomness in the following! Our 6th anniversary was the weekend before our race. We had our race. My dearest friend Bethers came to visit for a few hours the following weekend. I haven't seen her since our wedding day. Too long! The weekend after that we drove to somewhere in Tennessee to join our dear friends, the Resnick's, at a family/friend reunion of sorts. We had a blast and wish we could see them more often. We have been to the zoo and the aquarium and to the pool and lake a number of times. Amelia and James are enjoying "cooking camp" this week and the school. I didn't really know what to do with myself this morning! Amelia and I have been working on "Hooked on Phonics" and she started reading a few words this past weekend. She is quite proud of herself and we are proud of her, too. Naomi has 3 teeth in and 4 more working their way in. She is all smiles. Except when that plethora of teeth are working their way in. She has a new love for popsicles. :) She has started walking behind one of her push toys and is quite pleased with herself. She climbs stairs if the gate doesn't make it closed. She is a busy girl! James started the month off by splitting his forehead open on the baseboards. Thankfully, they were able to superglue it and no stitches were required. The glue is STILL there. 7-10 days my foot. At least he should be good and healed by the time it all wears off! We have signed up for another triathlon at the end of August. I have to admit it has been harder to stay motivated with training this time around, but I'm still looking forward to it. It will be a little bit longer than our first race, but not by much. I will let you know if we survive!



1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, Amber - your kids get cuter by the day! I wish I lived closer (or just plain close) so I could get to know their little personalities too! I like them already. :)
    (I KNOW I like you. That's why I have such high expectations for their excellence as miniature human beings. haha.)

    ReplyDelete