I know it has been way too long since I've posted anything. Life has been a circus. Adjust to three has been much more difficult and exhausting than I could have imagined. It makes two seem very easy. We do love our little Naomi! She has been fun and a big source of the exhaustion. :) She likes to cry much more than the other two ever did, starting about 8 PM and usually lasting for 3-4 hours. Thankfully, it's not every single night and by that time, the other two are in bed so we can focus just on her. She also does NOT like her car seat and likes to let us know by screaming about 80% of the times we are in the car. I am thankful that she is my third if she's going to be a crier! I don't think I would have handled it nearly as well as a first-time mom!
We are all adjusting. Amelia and James love Naomi to pieces. James loves to hold her, but is done after about 20 seconds. We have to remind Amelia often that while she is a "big girl," she is not big enough to carry Naomi around. Amelia has been showing some mean streaks at school and many, many mean streaks at home. She is very gentle with Naomi, but not so much with James or the poor dog. James runs to sit in my lap when Naomi starts crying so that I cannot go get her (at least that theory works in his mind!). He has reverted back to wanting to be held constantly and only by Mommy, but all-in-all, he has adjusted much better than I expected him to.
I will post more later. The baby is crying yet again and I need to get Amelia ready for dance class while figuring out what to have for dinner so we can eat before 8 tonight!
Okay, I'm sorry for your sake, but I LOVE that James runs over to your lap when Naomi cries! That is just so darn sweet! ;)
ReplyDeleteMay is also wanting to be held by Mom more and more. I have been wondering if it is because of all the baby things...and also, how on Earth that is gonna play out when baby is here. I hope Amelia's "mean streak" does not last long. She is such hilarious fun. Give her hugs from May and I. We just looked at the picture from last year's Christmas card today (it lives on the fridge):)
ReplyDeleteLove you