Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amelia-isms


Amelia has been talking non-stop.  Long gone are the days where I was concerned about her learning to talk.  She has come up with some funny stuff lately, so I thought I'd share a few.  
1) When she doesn't like something James is doing, she'll tell him, "That's not a good choice, Jamesy."  Guess she's listening to us after all!
2) Today we took the puppy to the groomer.  The poor girl was very distraught that we were leaving her puppy!  However, when we picked her up, she said, "Oh, she's just so beautiful!"  I laughed.  
3) She insists that the park is called the "parking lot."  Mimi and Pawpaw are probably wondering what I'm doing taking their grandbabies to the parking lot and calling it fun!
4) The other morning she came downstairs after waking up and had (very well spaced) black dots up and down her arm.  Apparently she had found some of my mascara and stashed it away in her treasures.  So I asked her what was all over her arms, and she said, "I made holes in my arm and then I just said 'Whoops!'"  Whoops my foot!  I wish I could have captured her expression in saying "And then I just said Whoops!" because it was quite funny.

Of course, I'm not remembering a lot of what she has said lately, but I wanted to write it down before I forgot all of it!  She brings us so much joy and we are so thankful that God has blessed us with a fireball!


1 comment:

  1. #1 is my favorite! I wonder if she thinks keeping him in line will get her off the hook. It all evens out... :)

    ReplyDelete